Monday, April 28, 2014

For the Last Time..

On August 24, 2012 I posted this picture to my Facebook wall and captioned it "Our Journey has Begun..." :-))



I had just laid our very first foster child, G, into his new bed on his very first night in our home.  We were so excited to have him here with us.  We had no idea how long he would be with us or where this journey would lead.  And frankly, we were scared to death.  But having this little boy here...well, it felt RIGHT. 

As I sit here now, 1 year 8 months and 4 days later, I've just laid him down in his bed for quite possibly the last time....
 




And I'm more scared now than ever.  We have been through so much with this little fellow.  He's a completely different child than he was that first night. The thought of him not being here...well, I just can't imagine it. Tomorrow afternoon, we will walk into a courtroom, sit down, and listen as all the interested "parties" go before a judge and let him/her know that they have come to an agreement in this case and that G will now be going to live with a relative.  Barring that judge completely surprising everyone with some off the wall order, that move will take place tomorrow evening. 


His things are packed. 


He's ready.  He knows that he's going.  We've tried to explain to him what's happening.  I think he understands..kinda.  He says he's going on a visit.  He has done some transitional visits where he goes and stays from Saturday morning to Sunday afternoon and then comes home.  We've explained that this time he'll go and stay there.  That he'll take all his clothes and toys and things and stay with Ms. W all the time.  "Okay, Mama,"  he tells me. So I think he understands...as much as a 3 year old can understand these things. 

Please pray for our little G.  Prayers that the transition will be smooth..that he'll be happy and safe and loved.  That God's angels will surround him always and that he'll be open to the Holy Spirit as He leads him on the right path.  Pray for his family.  That they will see G as the gift from God that he truly is and love and cherish him.  Please also pray for my family as we adjust to the new normal without G in our home.  And for our extended family and friends who will grieve along with us.  And lastly, please pray for this Mama's heart.  Cause right now it's breaking.  :-(

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I cannot imagine how painful this must be for y'all! He has been with you so long! I will say a special prayer for you and your sweet boy tonight!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did things turn out? How are you and your family doing now? Do you get to visit G? Do you know how he is? Sorry lots if questions.

    ReplyDelete